Saturday, November 14, 2015

Halcon Build Log - Deck Planking

Deck Planking

Before I start on the deck planking, I added strip surrounding the gun port to cover the ugly base plank, and painted them red together with the bulwark.





To make the deck planks easier, I made myself a simple jig so that I can cut them in better accuracy. I'm using maple on this, and made them 8mm in length, 2mm stagger, 3 butt system.




Then I started planking, with the aid of these pins. I also chalked the borders of the planks.




I did not take too many photo on my deck planking, but the whole process went smooth. This is what I get after some days... Photo below shows only left those planks at the sides which need to be custom made.



Done, and added a strip at the end.


Then I continued to the rails. I used the ones provided but the kit, and painted them black.


They weren't very perfectly fit to the shape of the ship, I forced them slightly with the aids of clamps, and weights... lots of them. :D


One side done.

Now the other side.




Stern rail added.

Now I can say that the ship body is basically done. :)



1 comment:

  1. That's really informative post. I appreciate your skills. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete