Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Halcon Build Log - 2nd Layer Planking

2nd Layer Planking

Before I can continue to the planking, I will need to put the stem, keel, and stern post on. Anyway, the stem piece isn't perfectly fit to the bow, so I spent some times filing it.



And now with the keel and stern post.



Looked good, and glued them on.



Then only I started on the planking. I started on the flat, easy stern planking first.



Then I continued to the wales, which as instructed is to follow the deck line. I dipped them in to boiled water first, for like 5 minutes, then bent one side which will land on the bow. I used 2 * 5mm strips for the wales.










I then painted it to black with the aid of masking tape.





The rest of the planking can start now...


Garboard plank


Space for stealer plank.




Stealer/Drop plank.



Final step.. making 'customized' stealer planks


Done! This is how it looks after fine sanding












Added bulwark planking too.


The whole process took me at least 2 weeks, but I can sure it was fun. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment