Saturday, June 15, 2013

HMS Race Horse Build Log - Day 31 to 34

Day 31 to 34 - 16 Works

OK, time for all the riggings!! ^^ 
So far, I've done the shrouds and stays but not the back stays yet. I didn't take many photos during the progress, so I'll be showing only the results. 

I worked on them every night after dinner, and each pair of shroud took me around an hour to finish. Total of 10 pairs.

Channel Deadeyes Riggings

Inboard View

Then, I continued on the stays.

Main Stay

Board View

I was planning to make a bull's eye block myself for the mizzen stay because the kit isn't providing any. But since I've 2 deadeyes left, I will use them instead. :) I wonder in a real ship a deadeye is used for mizzen stay? Because what I've seen from most of the pictures, a bull's eye is always used. 

Anyway, since it gives better detail then it's OK for me. :D

Took Me Sometimes

Tying the deadeye on the main mast with all the deck fittings on really took me sometimes. >:( 

Anyway, here's the result!

Mizzen Stay

Done and it's how she looks now! :)

Starboard View

Port View
I accidentally knocked my flagpole off when I was doing the stays =.=" Anyway, just need a little work to glue them back.

Finally, just this morning I've made more lanterns for my ship. I put one in between the hatches..

Lantern In Between Hatches

and 2 will be set on the crow nests


Lanterns for Crow Nests

Seriously, the smaller lantern looks a bit weird to me in this picture.. lol! I think I'll change it upside down like the bigger one, just to make them look standardized. :)


-End of Day 34-

No comments:

Post a Comment