Thursday, June 6, 2013

HMS Race Horse Build Log - Day 24

Day 24 to 28

I've started with my masts and yards a week ago, and it was all tiring tapering works to do since I've no advance rotary tool with me.. and worse, Mantua dowels quality put me to another test..

Not Very Satisfying
It's almost an '8' shape!!! Although it's not very big trouble, since I can just taper at this end but it's just annoying.. :( 
Anyway, I started with the bowsprit first..

Bowsprit On
With the bowsprit on, my Race Horse is currently Race 'Unicorn' :P 

Well, the side view might look OK but from the stern it's not... the bowsprit is not pointing straight!!! I'm hoping the flying jib stay would help on correcting it, but if it doesn't, then it will either need to be redo or force bending. 

Not Straight Enough

I've also put everything surrounding the ship on: the rigging eyes, chain plates, the figure head, etc.

Chain Plates & Companion Way
The companion way as instructed in the kit manual is actually 4.. since I've a tight distance between wales, I'll have to reduce to 3... 

Hawse holes are up too.

Front View

Continue to the masts and yards...
After many hours, here they are!!!

Masts and Yards

Yard Fenders

Foot Ropes and Gaffs 


-End-

No comments:

Post a Comment